Benefits of Acai and other Superfoods
You have probably heard the term “Superfood” described about something or written on a package. Some people may already think to themselves that this term must mean something “super” and therefore buy the item labelled superfood. People are forgetting that there is a meaning to the term and a reason why that food item is labelled a superfood.
Superfoods are one of nature’s greatest presents and are the key to a healthy and fit body. They are basically a categorised group of food that are considered to be rich in nutrients and especially beneficial for your health and well-being. Let us shed some light on the superfoods we believe is the most beneficial and others in which you may not have heard about.
Image source: drweil.com
Chia seeds are becoming increasingly popular for many reasons. People all over the world are incorporating chia seeds into all kinds of baked confectioneries and smoothie bowls due to its lack in taste and overdose in nutrients and health benefits. They are significantly known for its content of fibre, super antioxidants, plant-based omega 3 and protein.
For Amazin’ Granolas that contain chia seeds, we have the Blueberry Goji Coconut Granola, Hazelnut Blackforest Granola, Pink Raspberry Granola, Matcha Green Tea Granola and Mocha Vanilla Latte Granola.
Image source: Harmonicarts.ca
This berry has recently been discovered to be a front-runner on many so-called superfoods list. The Acai berry grows on palm trees in the South American rainforest and is commonly mistaken as a blueberry sharing similar qualities. The seed of the berry takes up about 80% of its space, however the flesh and the skin pack plenty of vitamins and other nutrients in the remaining 20%. Acai nowadays is commonly used to make smoothie bowls as they not only have health benefits but a great taste.
So, what are the superfood qualities?
- Antioxidants: Acai are jam packed with antioxidants that can help improve your immune system and protect your cells against damage from free radicals throughout your body.
- Promotes Heart Health: Acai berries are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which are commonly found in fish, nuts and avocados.
- Aids Weight Loss: Some researches show, that by helping boost proper digestion and controlling the amount of insulin in the blood, acai is helpful in aiding weight loss.
- Helps Digestion: Full of fibre, acai berries not only keep the digestive system clean and functioning normally, but also help to keep your blood sugar steady.
In celebration of Malaysia's 61 years of independence, we crafted a new granola flavour - Tropical Acai Granola or Merdeka Granola (Malaysia only) made in the colours of the Malaysian flag as represented by coconut chips, raspberries, acai berries and dried mangos!
Image source: spiceography.com
Flax seeds are tiny nutritional powerhouses which have over a dozen health benefits. A few teaspoons a day helps improve digestion, skin, cholesterol and hormone balance while fighting cancer!
Image source: huffingtonpost.com
Apart from its name, buckwheat is not actually from the wheat family, but a seed from a plant related to rhubarb. Surprisingly, buckwheat boosts your mood and reduces stress and anxiety. So, for those of you that are feeling a little bit down and anxious, you know what to eat! Buckwheat is also very high in protein and B vitamins - this provides a great source of protein to vegetarians who normally find it difficult to obtain.
For the Amazin’ Granola that contains buckwheat, we have Hazelnut Blackforest Granola.
Image source: spiceandtea.com
Cacao nibs have commonly been roasted and chemically processed in the production of chocolate. This process destroys a significant number of antioxidants and flavanols (a compound that keeps you young and healthy) present in the raw cacao nibs. Cacao nibs were first discovered to inherit nutritional benefits 3,000 years ago. Since then, nutritionists and health researchers have uncovered new reasons why we should all include cacao nibs in to our diet. For example, it is not only the highest plant-based source of iron, but also it has more calcium than cow’s milk!
Image source: rednewswire.com
Matcha has recently skyrocketed in its popularity, due its variety of health components and alluring sweetness. Like green tea, matcha comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. Once the tea leaves are harvested, they are grounded up into a fine, aromatic powder. Matcha has 17 times more antioxidants than blueberries and 60 times the antioxidants found in spinach. And that’s just in one teaspoon!
For the Amazin’ Granola that contains matcha powder, we have Matcha Green Tea Granola.
Including superfood in our diet brings about huge benefits to our nutritional well-being. Our Amazin’ granolas are all baked with superfoods to provide a well-balanced meal or a healthy snack! Do check them out!