APRICOT & ALMONDS BLISS BALL
Sahur, a meal eaten at Sahur is the most important meal during Ramadan. This Ramadan, we aimed to inspire you with #amazinsahur recipe so that you can try it out your own way to eat healthy during Sahur. Below are the recipe for Apricot and Dates Bliss Ball.
- 75 g dried apricot
- 70 g dates
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp pepita seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Desiccated coconut, extra for coating
How-to1. Soak the dried apricots in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain well.
2. Place the dates, soaked apricot, desiccated coconut, chia seed and pepita seeds in a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms.
3. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the mixture become firm.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll 2 spoonful of mixture into a ball.
5. Lightly coat in extra coconut and place on a lined tray. Place the bliss ball in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
CHOCOLATE AVO COOKIE
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour / gluten free flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup mashed avocado
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
How-to1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Mix the molasses with coconut oil. Add in mashed avocado, egg white and vanilla (optional). Beat at low speed until smooth.
3. Add in flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend on low speed until the dough is just combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 150 degree. Bake the cookie for 17-19 minutes
NON-BAKED NUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
Healthy food? Delicious food? Why choose when you can have them both together at the same time?
- ¾ cup Almond Butter
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot flour
- ⅔ cup oats
- 2-3 tablespoons nut milk ( room temperature)
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ¾ cup pretzels
- Sea salt
How-to1. Place almond butter, coconut oil and coconut sugar in a large bowl, mix until completely smooth.
2. Then, add in flour. Mixing each one until well combined before adding the next. Start with almond flour, then move onto arrowroot flour and finally oat flour. Add 2 tablespoons of nut milk to help moisten the batter. Then add in chocolate chunks, pretzel and some flaky sea salt.
3. Scoop dough into balls slightly larger than a golf ball. Use your hands to roll the dough into a tight ball. Chill in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
ALMOND BUTTER STUFFED DATES
Never knew that snacks can be healthy and delicious at the same time.
- 25 Medjool dates, Pitted
- Almond Butter, any Butter of ur choice
- 200 grams Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
How-to1. Filled each date with some nut butter ( almond Butter, cashews butter or any nut butter of your choice), for about ½ tsp and set aside.
2. Optional: Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and melt it over double boiler. Stir occasionally until the chocolate melt.
3. Dip each date into chocolate mixture until completely covered. Then place dates onto a lined baking sheet.
4. Keep the dates in a sealed container at room temperature or in a fridge for up to a week.
QUINOA ENERGY BAR
Ramadan is just around the corner! How to get through the day with healthy but satisfying meal that will make you feel good as well as virtuous?
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 45 g pumpkins seeds
- 100 g almonds
- 120 g quinoa
- 100 g oats
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
How-to1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line the base and sides of a square 7-inch baking tin with baking paper.
2. Transfer the medjool dates to a small bowl, cover with roughly 250ml of hot water straight from the kettle and set to one side to soak.
3. Transfer the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, quinoa and oats to a large baking tray, and roast them for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the dates. Add the dates to a blender along with the chia seeds, some water and salt. Blend until smooth.
5. Transfer the blend dates to a large mixing bowl along with the toasted nuts and seeds, melted coconut oil and almond butter.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin and even it out until the mixture is compact.
7. Chill in fridge. Slice into 12 bars and store in airtight container.